TechSpot

Dead graphics card

By most wanted
Oct 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Few days back I was playing GTA 4 on my pc. It was working fine but suddenly its video whoops out. There was only white - yellowish color on the screen and nothing was happening. So, I decided to reset the pc then I turned it off normally. Two days after this when I turned on my pc , it was not turning on. Whenever I push the power button in I see only blink in mouse light and fans in cpu just give a jerk. Although the motherboarrd lights have still gone green. So I thought its power cord problem then I performed each and every possible things. And found that it was not power problem. Then I removed my nvidia gt 220 graphic card and then turned it on. And now it gave me 3 long beeps which signifies base 64k RAM error . So I removed one ram from it and then it worked all correct. But what was the problem with graphic card I have suitable psu of dc output 450w . Specs:- Pentium D 1 gb ram leadtek winfast nvidia gt 220 windows 8 dont know anything about BIOS version.. Please ask anything if I left something...

2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,855   +184

It may have shorted out do to your memory stick shorting out.. Have you tried the video card ? Sense you remove the bad memory stick. Just to see if maybe it was the memory stick causing the problem.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.