Status
Not open for further replies.

paranoid guy

Ok, I'm just not sure what to do anymore, I know this isn't iPod
support, but I'm hoping someone might have seen/heard of this problem
before. Basically I've been having problems with my iPod nano ever
since I bought it.
First I'd get messages that the battery was dying even though
it had just been charged(this appears to be a common problem).
Also, it used to just turn off sometimes. Then on day it just died.
Nothing worked. I toggled the hold switch, tried to restart it,
plugged it into my pc and nothing happened. It's as if the battery
was just dead, or the iPod is broken. Then, to complicate matters,
it turned back on later that day! Worked for about a week, then the
same thing happened. Turned on later that day again! Now, for the
third(and final I think) time it died yesterday. It still isn't
working. Trouble is, I bought it in America! I don't think I can use
the warranty from here.To be honest I'm not sure. The thought of buying
another really annoys me. It won't be an iPod anyway if that's what
I have to do. I'm just wondering if there's any hope. It has crossed
my mind that maybe there were too many songs on it. It only had about
160mb left on it. If it decides to work again I think I'll try to
take some songs off it.
Sorry for the long post. I'd really appreciate...anything really, even confirmation that it is indeed a lost cause. Thanks for your time.
EDIT:fixed.

Hi

Keep trying to reset it. Get your manual out and make sure you are resetting it right. The same thing happened to me with my ipod mini. It just would not turn on. Turns out I was not resetting it right. Follow the instructions from your manual exactly on how to reset it exactly. It should work. Don't give up! Also, if you have some Apple stores in Ireland, take it to them and tell them your problem. They are the pros. Good luck!

Ok, thanks a million :) I mightn't have been resetting it right. Is it menu and start, or enter and start? But do you think if I get it working it'll only keep doing this?

If I remember right, there was a factory recall on defective ipod batteries. check with apple... you may be entitled to a replacement.

:blush: Turns out I wasn't resetting it properly. I always get mixed up and think it's start and enter you have to press, and the manual doesn't tell you how to reset it. I got the right way from the Apple support website. It's menu and enter you have to hold :eek: Still not sure what to do if it just turns off again in my pocket, guess I can just reset it :D
Thanks anyway Tedster, I remember that story and I have to admit I was thinking I had probably gotten a defective one, seeing as it's troublesome at the best of times. I wouldn't recommend an iPod nano to anyone now.
woohoo now I can listen to Gary Moore without sitting here!
EDIT: As I was sitting here the thing turned off again, I reset it, I am now updating it's software, going to take some songs off of it, sometimes I wonder what life would have been like with a creative...
EDIT 2: See below.

:haha: Now iTunes won't recognise the iPod, it says "no iPod connected" It most defininitely is, iTunes, it's right here beside me. Only one think to do...
Stop, hammer time :haha:

EDIT:Final edit, I restarted the computer, it's recognised, taking some bad/boring songs off, thanks for everything :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back