dead pc

By bradnick
Mar 24, 2006
  1. Hi there have a realy weird one here, I was happily playing a game on my pc when off it went no error messages nothing, I tried to turn it back on but only got a light on the front and one on the motherboard, There was no fans spinning nothing, O.K i tested power supply thats ok tested cpu thats ok tested motheboard no power to the pci or agp so i thought it was dead, I changed my motherboard for a new one and changed the cpu and power supply for new, the only bits i used from orginal pc was optical drives and harddrive, Tested pc everything fine for a few hours turned it off went to turn it back on found it totaly dead just like other pc, If someone can help solve this mystery i would be most grateful, Cheers
  2. spartanslayer

spartanslayer TS Rookie Posts: 394

Is the mobo connected to the Case properly, is the RAM defective, is the screen working properly, and is the PSU strong enough?
  3. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,221

Wow did you do all that in an hour? Do you do windows? (pun intended)
    I love how ppl can just change their mobo, change their PSU, change their CPU, change their RAM..who are these people and do they live in a PC Wholesale store?

But seriously, I tried to insert a floppy but that didn't work so I got a HARD drive and then gave it a little RAM and she booted nicely. :slurp:

Ok I'm done. Did you try replacing the case? :haha: I guess I wasn't done after all.

If you've done all that and she won't post and no beeps, then it's the PSU or you've grounded the mobo to the case.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.