Dead Pixels????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midgetmax

Just wondering, but is there any way to remove dead pixels???cuz i only have one but its bugging me! :evil:

[CENTER]Dead Pixels????[/CENTER]
and only one? :dead:
What did it die of? :haha:
JK
We need alittle more info, like
what kind of monitor/video card etc.
Post back
G'Luck

as far as lcds are concerned, all manmufacturers state the minimum number of pixels that must be dead before they will take any action. refer to your manual/warranty agreement.

Look at the screen...

Go into paint (or similar) and create a pure white image that covers the entire screen. Now if you see any pixel that aren't white, it has a defect. Now invert the colour of the image (so that it turns black) and see if there are any pixels that aren't black.

These are dead pixels. To get a new monitor, there has to be a certain amount of dead pixels within a certain radius, otherwise you're out of luck, unless your manufacturer has a special "no dead pixels" warranty.

There is a way to turn off "dead" pixels, where you download a program and select which pixels you want to turn off... I'm sorry, but I don't remember the name. And even when you've done that it will still look out of place, but hopefully not as much as before...

For more info search for information about an ISO standard for lcd's...

Yea, its a really cheap monitor from walmart and i have a radeon 9250 (i know they are cheap, but im on a budget) anyway, yea there is only 1 brght green dead pixel and it annoys me, i am going to try one of those programs

I believe Rick once said that sometimes by gently massaging the screen surface where the dead pixel is located sometimes fixes it. Worth a shot I'd say.

True, I'd forgotten about that. Use some sort of cloth underneath so you won't make any scratches. Also, be careful in how much pressure you assert, as too much can "kill" other pixels, but then again, too little won't have any effect.

Keep up the massage for about one minute, just moving your thumb slowly around over the area of the dead pixel. If it doesn't work the first time, try with a tiny bit more pressure (but keep in mind it's electronics underneath you don't want to damage) and try again. If it still doesn't work, it truly is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back