decent temporary gfx card until manufactures sort dx10 out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That X1950PRO is the best choice ATM if you want a non-DX10 card. Among the current crop of video cards though (including non-DX10 ones), the 8800 series rules the roost, so opt for one of those if you can afford it.

Does anyone know if nVidia are going to have a price drop / release a new card soon?

I want to try and keep it as out-of-date as possible.

Cheers for the reply mate.

Alex.

If you are going to use a 32 bit OS instead of a 64 bit OS, I'd cut the ram down to 2GB or face serious memory errors because of to much memory.

I've got an old 3DFX Voodoo 4 4500 PCI card I'll sell ya for $35.00 if you're looking for outdated! JK I gave it to somebody a few years back. Do you know how much I paid for that card? Do you know how long 3DFX stayed in business after I bought that card? I could have bought a GeForce 2 MX 200 at half the price and would have gotten a faster card.

i think the nVidia 7900 series are pretty good dx9 cards if you don't want to have a dx10 one

like cinders said though, don't bother with more than 3gb of ram if youre going for a 32bit os :)

the most x86 can handle is 4gb and that has to include the graphics memory and a couple of other bits too

that's ok then ;)

when you do get vista, get these updates, they're not included in the automatic updates and they're expected to be part of SP1 but you can get your hands on these now :) i have them and it's much better

i think they are going to be coming out somewhere around the beginning of 2008 but it depends on if you want to wait til then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back