Default Thread Subscription may cause a lot of unecessary questions

By Rick
Feb 8, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. Thread Subscription is on by default. While I try to read everything when I sign up or subscribe to something, I do overlook things. I would imagine this is the same with many other people.

I have to admit I was fairly surprised when I got about 10 e-mails within an hour.

Someone else has also raised this question. After some searching, I was capable of turning it off (Hope it works). But I suspect this will raise many topics in the future with the title, "H0wZ u tuRn 0ff 3mAl3 5u8SkriPsHuns, d00d!!!!!???????"
  2. PHATMAN5050

PHATMAN5050 Newcomer, in training Posts: 645

haha i agree, i too had 5 emails sent to me just hours after i had been on. Someone recently posted something about having that feature, glad to see that it is on this new forum!:D
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,409   +281

4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,510   +308

I haven't been able to find the option of not putting that as the default, until then I guess you should read throughfully the options you are given when registering. :rolleyes:

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.