Defective Monitor Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two Synmaster 753DF monitors in the 3-4 year range. Both are doing the same thing, my screen color changes from normal and for a while I could fix it by jiggling the cable or bending the cable.

More recently these options are working less and less and one monor now diplays a sickly yellow or reddish colour.

I see that on the worst one, the outer insulator is split right at the connector ( that blue plug with the pins) and I can see some exposed copper strands. Unfortunately the plug is not not the plug in type.

Before I shelve out to the repair tech, is there any thing I can to to fix the plug myself , can I cut off the connector and add a new ones ( not eaxctly a toaster or electric iron eh)?

Thanks for your comments/ help
:haha:

If you open up the monitor and follow the VGA-cable, you should come to probably an internal board-connector. If you are handy with a soldering iron, you could buy a regular good quality VGA-cable, cut the un-needed plug off and solder the wires to that connector. Follow the colour-scheme of the original connector, or make a diagram od which wire goes were. All you need is a cheap multi-meter. Plug it back in and see how it goes. One hour's work max.
Be careful when you open the monitor, there are some high voltages around there, stored in capacitors.

Monitor Cable Problem

Thanks for the reply I have been off line for a while. Regarding the multimeter is there a voltage check I am required to do?

The multimeter is only for checking which pin of the plug connects to what colour wire.
Make sure to disconnect the monitor from the mains and any PC before you start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back