Definitely not a geek

By davewithabeard
Nov 15, 2009
  1. Hi. I am a British guy of 63 who uses a computer for work and play. I have recently visited China to find my father's birthplace. I thought the trip would be difficult but instead found eveyone I met helpful, several of whom I am now in contact with by email. I love travel and my laptop has probably been to more weird locations than most. I also enjoy playing lawn bowls- four times Devon county finalist this year and winner of three out of four. Birdwatching has also brought me a lot of enjoyment over the years. I also research my family history - hence the trip to Jiaozuo in Henan. My great mother came from Geneva and was brother in law of Georges Favon, one time Swiss president who shared a menage a trois with her two sisters, one his wife and the other their housekeeper. That's all for now except to say I have two daughters still at home. Their names are Amy and Lucy and they both attend our local girls' grammar school, just three minutes walk from the house.
  2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

Hi davewithabeard,
    welcome to Techspot :) rather sound like that chap in the Dos Equis advertisements.
  3. davewithabeard

davewithabeard TS Rookie Topic Starter

Just watched ad on youtube. As I'm in UK we don't have ad or the beer. Tried some local beer in Jiaozuo, Henan, China and thought it made feel good. Then read label on bottle : 11% alcohol!!
    By the way the guy in the ad isn't as good looking. Well, I don't think so anyway.
  4. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

ROFLMAO, very good :) when I saw it for the first time...i rather thought they should have recruited me for that add campaign. :haha:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.