Delay in Counter Strike with ATI Radeon 9550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Recently I started tweaking my pc and counter strike based on several articles I found online about increasing FPS.

I then installed ati catalyst (previously I don't have it) figuring it'll do good for my fps. But after several tweaks I went in game to try it out..

My fps is almost the same as before (around 70) but there's a major delay every 5 sec like a "1" sec hang almost. During in game when I put down my console and type 1 to 7 the numbers would appear slowly instead of immediately. In game when I walk forward, it's almost a 1 sec delay before it responded (move forward)

I've installed the ati catalyst the right away, removing all the old drivers, clear off registry errors, then re-installing the ati catalyst but it doesn't work.

I have my vsync off and tried most of the stuff I read on forums but with no avail.

I believe its the ati catalyst problem because before I did not face such problem (the delay) even though I'm on a slow machine.

Can anyone help me out here? It's been driving me crazy =(

Try deleting your cstrike folder (it should regenerate when you run CS/CS:S) and everything CS should be fresh. You'll lose your maps and sounds and what not but it might fix the lag.

I already did but the result is the same.

I'm guessing its not much of a CS problem than the graphic card driver problem itself. Ever since I installed the Ati catalyst the problem occurs.

Do new drivers make my game delay? I tried rolling back to older drivers as well but still the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back