Delaying Windows XP startup programs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ! We are using Windows XP and don't know if it is possible to do this ?

We have some programs starting up as Windows Services and some are just put in as Startup tasks. Our problem is that one of the Startup programs depends on one of the services to finish before it can start. The Startup program is being launched first, though !

Is there any way to set up a dependency so that the Startup program will wait for the service to start ? Or is that the right approach at all ?

Thanks in advance for any help !!

warelock

if you're trying to stop programs from auto-loading at bootup, use mike lin's startup editor applet.

Might find scheduler does the trick

You might find using scheduler to start the task gives enough delay. There are two option in scheduler to try. One is at startup, the other is at logon.

Thanks

Thanks for the help, guys !

I'll take a look at the scheduler ... it's a funny problem, coordinating the services and the programs in Startup. Possibly I should simply make all these programs start as services ... then I could use mmc as Samstoned suggested. At least in theory ... ;-)

what i use is regsupreme pro , it has options to look at what starting up and what installed thru the registry . get it install it , start it up then proceed to start up tab everything listed starts up put a check marl next to the ones u dont want click remove . also u can eliminate system services as some one mentioned .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back