Delete button not working in PMs

Vigilante

Hey all, don't know if this happens on anyone else but...

When you click on a PM message to read it, there is a button that says "Delete Message". When you click it, the screen refreshes to a navigation page and in the nav drop down box you can select to return to your private messages. But when I return to the private messages, the message is still there.

So maybe it's just my browser (Avant, based off IE), but that delete button doesn't delete.

cheers

When you first click the box in the Delete Message window, then hit the Delete button underneath, the message IS deleted. When you use Go Back (arrow left) on top of the screen it is still there, because that was (as it says) the previous page.
Go back further until the last post/overview page where you were, then click on Refresh.
The PM notification is gone (0 msgs). You can verify it by going to your PM again.

Anyway, shame on you for still using IE, even with a pretty Avant dress on.
Go to www.getfirefox.com for a whole new experience.

Hey hey, if you get this, send me a PM, I'll see if that's it. I'm pretty sure I refreshed the page. Because once back in the PM list, and it's still there, I can click it and read it and organize it as if it never left. So send me a test PM to play with, cause I don't think I can send my self one. And I'll do what you said. Maybe send me a few. Thanks.

Oh, and my main purpose for Avant, other than it rocks, is that it's tabbed browsing is much better than firefox. I've used Avant for a long time, I really like it. Plus it still blocks nearly everything Firefox does. And I DO have FF! But I'm waiting for them to hone the tabbed experience.

Okay maybe I'm stupid. I got the messages and when you read them, you have to put a check in a box before hitting the button. When the box is checked, the delete worked.
I could swear that wasn't there before! But oh well. Thanks.

Yes, I have a feeling it was added so you don't accidentally delete something. You have to go through one extra step before actually getting rid of it :D

Back