Delete Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had a dual boot with XP Home and Vista Ultimate since January 29th. Whenever I go back to the XP side I loose my Vista Restore Points.

As Vista Ultimate has become more and more stable with updates, I find that I never go back to the XP side any more.

My system has a C drive for Windows XP (separate drive), D & E partition for data, and a V drive for Vista on separate drive.

I would really appreciate help if someone could tell me how I can eliminate the XP portion of my dual boot leaving me with Vista Ultimate only.

I have read how you can reduce the time given before the system would go into Vista from thirty seconds to zero. From what I have researched, this would in effect eleiminate the screen asking you to dual boot between Vista and XP.

Can I just delete the XP drive by reformatting. My Vista Ultimate is a full version and did not require having XP installed before I set up the dual boot.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Use a good partition manager, such as Acronis... or perhaps Ghost or System Commander. You can also reinstall the system that drives that dual boot, running it in Repair mode... if it is WXP... but I am not comfortable enough with VISTA yet to say.

Just boot into Vista,download Vista Boot pro and remove XP from the menu, or

set ther default to Vista with a timeout of 0,as you mentioned.

You can also BCEDIT

Also,go into the BIOS and make sure the Vista drive has priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back