deleted partiton on usb 120g hdd

By eliriousd
Jul 16, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a Western Digital USB Harddrive Model:WD1200B014 and i accidentally deleted the partition when i was reinstalling windows on my pc. I installed XP on the hdd in the computer and left the drive as unpartitoned space. I had transfered all of my important data on to this drive and i was wondering if it was possible to repartition the drive without formatting it? and if possilbe can i do it without spending too much money? possibly for free? i have read of using MEPIS (linux live cd) but i dont know if that will work without destroying the drive. I would like to save the data without having to buy a program and a new harddrive but if thats whats necessary than please tell me the best one. I used some demos and i can see that the data is there i just want to save it. Thank you for any help you can give.
  2. lukeyu

lukeyu Newcomer, in training Posts: 70

You can try use partition table doctor to recover deleted partition.

please see http://www.ptdd.com
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.