TechSpot

Deleting a Dll that windows is using.

By Ayasha
Jun 16, 2002
  1. Greetings all. I am at my wits end to delete a dll from kazza. My little brother downloaded it while I was away at work and I have been able to remove everything I can find from it so far except one dll that windows is using. I am runnning Windows 2000 server on this particular machine. I have tried deleting it in safe mode, from the command prompt. I have deleted very registry key I can find as well. It is using rundll32 to act as a program, but I can't end it to delete it. I can end rundll32 but not this dll. Please someone help me!

Ayasha

2. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

try running Ad-Aware to remove it.
    If not checking [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    in the registry to delete the reference thats loading it.

3. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

:wave:Welcome & Hello:wave:
    http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=55#post55
    • Please post in the correct forum, & please Do Not Double Post.
    • Please enable Private Messages & allow administrators to send you email.
    • Please ask your Forum Leaders for help, if the need arises.

4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,919   +9

If the filesystem is FAT32, you can delete the file by booting from a 9x/ME boot floppy and using del command.

5. Ayasha

Ayasha TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 44

Well since the file system is NTFS, I couldn't delete it from a command prompt. What I finally ended up doing was re-installing kazaa and then re-removing all of its components. This time I was able to remove everything. A friend of mine had suggested it.

6. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.