Deleting a Dll that windows is using.

By Ayasha
Jun 16, 2002
  1. Greetings all. I am at my wits end to delete a dll from kazza. My little brother downloaded it while I was away at work and I have been able to remove everything I can find from it so far except one dll that windows is using. I am runnning Windows 2000 server on this particular machine. I have tried deleting it in safe mode, from the command prompt. I have deleted very registry key I can find as well. It is using rundll32 to act as a program, but I can't end it to delete it. I can end rundll32 but not this dll. Please someone help me!

2. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,319

try running Ad-Aware to remove it.
    If not checking [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    in the registry to delete the reference thats loading it.
  3. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 980

:wave:Welcome & Hello:wave:
    • Please post in the correct forum, & please Do Not Double Post.
    • Please enable Private Messages & allow administrators to send you email.
    • Please ask your Forum Leaders for help, if the need arises.
  4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

If the filesystem is FAT32, you can delete the file by booting from a 9x/ME boot floppy and using del command.
  5. Ayasha

Ayasha TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 37

Well since the file system is NTFS, I couldn't delete it from a command prompt. What I finally ended up doing was re-installing kazaa and then re-removing all of its components. This time I was able to remove everything. A friend of mine had suggested it.
  6. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.