deleting an administrator account

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running into a problem, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have two administrator accounts on my XP pro machine. The first is the normal, built-in admin account, the second is an admin account i created. Is it possible to delete the second admin account. I have tried logging in as the original admin built no luck, i am able to delete other user accounts, but not the second admin account. It always tells me that i must have a secondary admim account created which i do. Any ideas?

You should be able to delete any account from the built-in administrator account. Though I don't think you can delete the built-in admin.

To log in to him, I think you have to go to Safe Mode only. When the logon thing appears, you should see the account name exactly "administrator". Log in with that.

From there you can go to Control Panel and Users and see if you can delete him. If not there then right click My Computer and choose "manage". Then users. This only if you have XP Pro.
If not that either, right-click My Computer and choose Properties. Then Advanced and click the user profiles settings button. See if you can remove it from there.
If not there either, click Start-run and type this exactly "control userpasswords2". That has ONE space after control. From there you should be able to delete accounts also.

Hope that leads you somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back