TechSpot

Deleting history at Address Bar

By Maurice
Oct 14, 2004
  1. I've just noticed that I have a mountain of history when I drop down, how do I delete it? :confused:

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

Assuming you don't have any fancy software installed..

In registry go to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs\ and delete everything under that key.

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

You can also go to Tools>>Internet Options and on the first page at the bottom should be Clear History. That should take care of it. You can also change the Keep History for XX Days to a smaller number.

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,623   +320

Is there any way to turn that feature OFF? I would prefer it just not have those address in pulldown viewable format.

5. Maurice

Maurice Banned Topic Starter Posts: 653

Thanks, Poertner, that sounds good :)

SNGX, can I just say that it is very unusual to see you seeking advice, [not being funny] do you see a disadvantage to having a pull-down option? me, I find it handy, as it saves me typing in the whole address sometimes.

Maurice :D

6. nolispe

nolispe TS Rookie

Here is the way to turn it off :)

steps: For windows XP Home (might be different on other OS)

start > control panel > Internet Options > Content (tab up the top) > AutoComplete ( Under personal Information) > Web Addresses (un check)

No more pr0n addresses

Really am surprised no one else knows about this option.

7. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

What`s the matter with all yous people ? :) CCleaner is all you need.

8. bobby123

bobby123 TS Rookie Posts: 391

go to control panel and internet settings.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.