TechSpot

Deleting my own threads....

By wolfram
Nov 15, 2006
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys,

This might probably sound a little stupid, but it would be nice if I could completely delete some of my posts. For example, if I say something I didn't like, or was not necessary, I could remove it. That would be less work for mods :)

Something like the Gallery's "Delete this post" feature.

Just a suggestion though... :)

BTW (an off-topic question), what's up with these little "+" marks?

[​IMG]

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hiya mate.

It might be less work for the mods, but can you imagine what damage could be done if everyone was allowed to delete their own threads/posts?

If ever you need anything deleting, any of the mods will be more than happy to oblige.

I`m not sure what you mean by these little "+" marks. can you explain please?

Regards Howard :)

3. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,967   +9

Thanks man for the response :)

I think I made a stupid question (like always :eek:)
    You're completely right, it would be a mess.

BTW, take a look at the image I posted. Next to your name, there is a little "+" mark. Also, next to MetalX's name there is another one.....

Weird things I suppose....

4. howard_hopkinso

Hey, don`t be so hard on yourself. There`s no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers lol.

I have no idea what the little + is next to MetalX`s and my names. Maybe Julio will have a better idea.

5. wolfram

Who knows about that little "+". Maybe is a glitch or something with my browser. It's been very annoying these days.

Thanks for the response btw.

Regards :wave:

6. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

If I'm not mistaken the + is put next to users that you've added to your buddy list.

7. howard_hopkinso

Well done Didou, another mystery solved lol.

8. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

Wolfram, it was definately not a stupid question!!!! What is stupid is having a question and not asking it!!!!:)

9. wolfram

Oh, now I see :)

And yes rik, maybe the question was not too stupid (just a little :p). I now know about that mysterious "+" mark :)

Thanks guys :wave:

10. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

There ya go, you asked a question and learned something!!! Proves asking questions isn't stupid and that you are not stupid too!!!:)

11. wolfram

Well, I'm stupid (just a little eh? :p) I still don't know how to solve a PC problem without fully reformatting lol :haha:

BTW rik, 2134 posts!?!?! Congrats mate! :grinthumb

12. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

What about my 1308 post? :( :haha: