Deleting old ME files

Status
Not open for further replies.

nordberg25

I upgraded to XP a few years back and am now running out of disk space. When I did the upgrade I saved the old ME files in case I needed to go back to ME, but I don't plan on doing that.

How can I get rid of those files? Is it possible and safe?

Thanks,
chad

I'm assuming you have a dual boot system now with Windows Me on C and Windows XP on D or other.

Ultimately, it would be best to just re-install Windows XP on your C drive, this wouldn't be too bad if XP is now on a different drive as you could access your documents on that drive.

If you don't want to do that, technically, you should be able to just delete the whole Windows folder on C, if that is where ME is. You can also just delete the program files folder as well. I forget where Windows XP would put the boot.ini file on a dual boot system, but just make sure you don't delete that file.

gooderguy said:
you should be able to just delete the whole Windows folder on C, if that is where ME is. You can also just delete the program files folder as well.
Highly dangerous to give half-baked advise!
YES, you can delete the ME-folder(s), but the current Windows folder might be the XP-one, so beware!
NO, you can NOT delete the Program Files folder. There is guaranteed some XP-stuff in it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back