Dell 2007FPb Monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpticalOrange99

Anyone know or know how I can find out, the response time of the Dell 2007FPb monitor. I bought a dell pc and I was delighted to have a 20" monitor which could go up to 1600X1200 but it lags badly due to probably a poor response time. I was wondering if anyone knew or knew a utility that could discover, the response time of the monitor.

Many thanks in advance.

Dell monitors are generally very good, so it probably has a good response time like 8ms, although I can't be sure...

I checked the back of the monitor again and on a small label stuck onto the back it says:

"Model No. [Chinese Characters]/ [Japanese Characters]/ 2007FPb
www.dell.com"

So dell doesn't have a 2007FPb on their website? Well they sold me one. :p

The 2007FP says typical 16ms response time. I've read an article from 2005 though, on the web, that says they only list the black to white (fully active to inactive) latency, or something, instead of the gray to gray. So even if it does say it should be low does that really hold true for reality? It feels very blurry whenever I move the camera in a 3d application, such as a game, and it makes me yearn for my old Cathode ray monitor where I didn't feel sick everytime I moved the camera. Anyone have any ideas? If 16ms is making me feel sick is it just me and that I'll have to get used to it or maybe Dell sold me a piece of crap?

Dell also sold me 4gbs or RAM when Vista can only utilise 3Gbs. The Bios says 4Gbs but Vista can't find the other one. It's sort of lying in a way, through the omission of details, that they allow you to buy 4Gbs of RAM and a quarter of it will never be used.

Then I get a lovely 20 inch monitor and I find out there's this thing called response time. I thought the only problem with LCD up until this point was the stupid distortion when the screen was viewed at an angle. Seemingly it isn't the only problem with it :(.

I guess I could get used to this slow response time. 16ms isn't too bad I guess. Over here in Ireland I can't get a better monitor on Irish or European websites (like http://www.komplett.ie.
American sites like Newegg, though, have nice cheap monitors that are far better but sadly they don't deliver internationally.

I guess I'm stuck with this one. Thanks for the help, anyway, guys.

As for the 4GB's, you have alot of company. 64bit will only address 4GB. I'm on my 3rd Dell over the past 10years, and on my newest one I only got 2GB and added 1GB later on for 3GB total and saved over $200.00 for what Dell charges. Plus I didn't pay for 1GB that won't be used.

Wrong. 32bit only addresses up to 4GB of system memory as 2^32 = 4GB (well actually 429etc bytes but due to the conversions it is 4GB). That will generally be 3.3GB of RAM, the rest are used for BIOS memory, graphics card memory. 64bit OSs address 2^64 bytes of memory, which is, enough (by most current standards). If you want to be able to address more memory, install a 64bit version of your OS (but first ensure that there are drivers for your devices for 64bit versions).

As for the monitor, I find it to be very slow a it is not responsive. At 16ms it is very slow. Most people don't get really see the difference but a few (like myself) do.

Regards,
Armie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back