dell 2400 video problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

baller979

Hey everybody,
I decided to post here because the thread is about pci cards. I have a dell 2400 and i have install a geforce fx 5200. Dont bash me ok the card sucks. I'm just trying to gain a little experience before I try to build my own gaming rig. So here is my problem: i installed the card installed drivers. The card is still not working properly. Whats happing is when i boot up an image is displayed from the graphics card. When i get to the login screen i get an image from the integrated graphics chip. I tried uninstalling the extreme drivers, disable in bios. The bios only gave me the choice of on board and auto. When set to on board it displays the whole booting up thing. When set to auto the computer does what i have describe. Thanks for any help been messing with it for a couple of days after work.

Even though I am confused on what you just tried to say I will give it my best shot.

Can you get into windows? If you have your video card loaded properly, check in device manager and see if there is a yellow quesiton mark next to your video adapter icon. If there is, you need to re-install the driver.

If this is not the case, then you need to go to properties and check the detail on your driver. Is this the latest driver.

Is this a AGP card or PCI?

Its a pci video card. I went to the device manager there isn't any question mark. My computer knows what it is and i have the latest drivers installed. The problem is in the bios. When i try to disable the integrated graphics chip. The integrated chip is disable until its time to log into windows. Meaning i dont get a image during the dell loading screen with the integrated chip. After the dell loading screen thats when the pci video card disables and the integrated graphics cuts back on and i get a image.

If I`ve misunderstood please tell me.

How can you get an image from the onboard video unless your monitor is plugged into to it? Your monitor is supposed to be plugged into your new video card.

Then, once you`re in Windows, go to your device manager and right click on your onboard video card and select disable. Click apply/ok.

Regards Howard :)

I already tried just leaving the monitor plugged up to the new pci card. Like i said after the screen goes black for awhile i just tried to plug it back to the integrated graphics chip and i get an image. Tried disabling the intel extreme in the device manager and it still does the same thing. except the integrated graphics doesn't work after disabling it just a black screen.

Uninstall the drivers for your new video card and reboot the computer. Shut the computer down and completely remove the new card.

Attach your monitor to the onboard card. Start your computer and go into the bios. Set the video option to auto. Save and exit bios.
Once in Windows, go into device manager and right click on your onboard video card, select uninstall. Once done, shut down the computer.

Insert your new video card and attach the monitor to it. Start your system. Once in Windows go to your device manager and right click on your onboard card, select disable. Click apply/ok.

Cancel all found new hardware screens and install the drivers for your new card and reboot your system when done.

Hopefully that`ll work.

If not, I have no other ideas.

howard_hopkinso said:
Uninstall the drivers for your new video card and reboot the computer. Shut the computer down and completely remove the new card.

Attach your monitor to the onboard card. Start your computer and go into the bios. Set the video option to auto. Save and exit bios.
Once in Windows, go into device manager and right click on your onboard video card, select uninstall. Once done, shut down the computer.

Insert your new video card and attach the monitor to it. Start your system. Once in Windows go to your device manager and right click on your onboard card, select disable. Click apply/ok.

Cancel all found new hardware screens and install the drivers for your new card and reboot your system when done.

Hopefully that`ll work.

If not, I have no other ideas.

That will work for sure, I installed many videocards and that's how you do it :haha:

Update: I did everything that howard said to do. And it is installed and working perfectly a flawless installation. Thanks howard and paradox!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back