Dell 8250 won't start

I have a Dell 8250 desktop. My problem is it will not start. I think it's an electric problem, There are no lights fan or anything like that, nothing at all. I checked the electric at the cord and it has juice. I also tried another cord, same thing, juice at cord but nothing at computer. Is there a fuse or something like that? If so, where is it? I know this is an old computer but I use it for many things, Thanks
Sam

My guess is that it got its gold watch and retired...that is one elderly machine!!

Kidding aside, 'check' all the connections by dis-connecting and reconnecting, then check switches to make sure they are properly 'on' and then try to start.

No fans, no beeps, nada...then sounds like PSU has bugged out...and, yes, there is a fuse...but it is dangerous to open the PSU. If you are experienced with high voltage (really high - blow you across the room high), then you might try to replace fuse - but entirely at your own risk. Just as likely to be a bad cap (15 years old!)

Replacing PSU is safer, but I doubt it will be easy to find a compatible PSU (one built to work properly with this aged gem - Dell had some proprietary wiring back then so double check and make sure vendor stands behind what he provides).

Late thought, check the actual power switch on case, it may be broken.

I know it cost you a fortune when you bought your desktop and may even have sentimental value but it's a piece of junk. My first PC with similar specs went to the recycling centre many years ago even though it was still working fine. Hopefully you have a modern system but if not it's time to be amazed at what is available for a reasonable price.

Back