TechSpot

Dell BIOS Password

By jeepjeff
Aug 30, 2008
  1. I have a used dell latitude C640 computer, service tag # BLPQ941-595B, that has a BIOS password on it that I do not know. (I bought it used) I downloaded the master password generator but it will not generate an administrative password for this service tag. Dell would not help me because I am not the registered owner. I created a boot disk and tried the DOS DEBUG route and the service tag removal program with no success. I do not want to jump the CMOS pins, as I lack the expertise and I don’t want to damage the motherboard. Can anyone please help me with an administrative bios password?

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

You can register as owner of the laptop on the Dell web site. There is a form to fill out. Then it takes 21 business days for Dell to determine if the laptop has been reported stolen. After that, the form you filled out makes you the new registered owner. You do NOT need to know the name of the previous owner, but it does speed things up.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.