Dell C600 motherboard/cpu compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie here. My Dell C600 laptop burned up its power jack (common problem). I got a cheapo system board on Ebay, swapped it out, and on powering up, got this: "Processor start failure. The revision of motherboard does not support the processor installed." I know the processor is good (it's a P3, 700 mhz), because I swapped back to my original system board, powered it up on battery, and it works fine. I've googled all over the place and I can't find any data on system board/cpu compatability. The new board is p/n 0002UH, rev. A09. I was able to find that its BIOS version was A16, whereas the BIOS on my original board is A22. Maybe this has something do with what CPU the board needs, but I can't flash an updated BIOS without a working system. Catch 22. I considered trying to re-solder the power jack to the motherboard, but it's encased in a riveted metal shroud. So...Can anybody tell me what CPU would be supported by a 0002UH version A09 board? Any help would be much appreciated.

well my first cpu system was a dell too. although it always ran pretty fun i dislike the "unmodular" prebuilt distributor policies..

recently i tried to download a driver for my dell p991 sony trinitron monitor (which has red color difficulties by the way.. and diagonal lines showing up)
from dell and noticed they cant be found anywhere.. i was lucky to find an uncommercial driver page (with registration though) with a monitor driver for all dell PXX series. thats what i call customer service. (ironical)

also i you ever happen to find yourself getting some parts out of a dell case which is screwed and un-openable, smashing it against walls.. and working it with a hammer and other tools.. you will b asking yourself if dell is cool or not.

have you tried entering your modell/order number (usually on a sticker somewhere on the case) on the dell super customer support site?

enjoy.

dont have any other idea in mind atm. sorry..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back