Dell c600 software

cypriano

use a dell c600 latitude, when i try to open windows xp pro. service pack 1 i get the message windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \windows\system 32\config\system.. you can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup cd-rom select r at the first screnn to start repair. I have tried to reinstall and i keep getting the same message, any key i hit restarts the computer? has anyone had a problem like this and if so please tell me how to slove this step by step. how do you wipe out the harddrive and start all over? I can get to f2 setup and f8 but nothing works....need help, thanks

c 600

Thanks I figured out what I needed to do I went to f2 as you suggested and changed the bootup option to start from a CD. i put in the OS disk and reinstalled. I wanted to start fresh and not try to repair. now I need to figure how to get my computer to connect to the internet. I have the CD from time warner and I thought I would install. I have to use the USB port to connect wireless looking for the disk. If i can not find any suggestions?

Thanks again

Cypriano

Back