Dell Config Password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I have with a Dell D400. I recently received it from my work after they thought that the laptop was broken.

The problem I have is that the I do not know the Admin password on Windows 2000 pro. I then decided to try and boot from a USB flash drive (as this machine does not have any floppy or CD rom drives). I went into the A07 version bios from Dell only to find that the config system is password protected. I haven't contacted Dell about this as I have heard that they are not at all helpful when it comes to "second hand" machines.

I have tried booting Windows in it's various Safe modes hoping that it would give me an option to change the password, but all to no avail!

If anyone can help me get through the first hurdle either by letting me know a way around the BIOS or the Windows 2000 pro password, I would really appreciate it!

It's driving me mad! I have been trying to get into it all weekend!

Thanks in advance!

Admin/Configure Setup Password

tomsockey said:
Tomsockey , that would most probably help with the Windows Password, but not the BIOS Admin Configure Setup Password which he also has. To eliminate that, he needs a copy of SVCTAG.EXE to run in DOS using a Bootable Diskette, CDR, or even a DOS only Bootable HDD. Send me an email to my profiled address and I will send what you need for all three methods.

D610 admin pwd needed

Hi, Paragon and all other Xperts :)

I've got my D610 from a local second-hand store. It has a BIOS ADMIN pwd set for changes in setup.

Tried the bootable floppy, but it returns the EE-CPB.exe error..

maybe I need the updated svctag.exe or smth else i don't know

pls help

service tag: 9GKTX1J
system tag: 9GKTX1J-595B

email removed

DSt software

norfolk666 said:
Hi, Paragon and all other Xperts :)

I've got my D610 from a local second-hand store. It has a BIOS ADMIN pwd set for changes in setup.

Tried the bootable floppy, but it returns the EE-CPB.exe error..

maybe I need the updated svctag.exe or smth else i don't know

pls help
email removed

The version of EE-CPB.exe I have on my copy of the DST software is 5.1 and works OK with the D610. You probably have version 4.5 and that will not cut it. Also there were some additional updated versions and additions to the entire SVCTAG.EXE software for the newer models. I will send the later versions to your email.

Paragon33 said:
The version of EE-CPB.exe I have on my copy of the DST software is 5.1 and works OK with the D610. You probably have version 4.5 and that will not cut it. Also there were some additional updated versions and additions to the entire SVCTAG.EXE software for the newer models. I will send the later versions to your email.

Paragon33,

Thx a lot

you were right - version difference caused all troubles

everything is fine now

Need tell master password Inspiron 700m Help!!!!

Help need master password for Dell Inspiron 700m. Service tag 10GZC61.

Any ideas for getting the master password or reseting the eeprom without taking the laptop appart would be appreciated!!!!!!

email [ email removed

Thanks!!!!

Need help with Latitude password admin reset

I'm in need - like many subscribers - to have the admin password on a Dell Latitude laptop reset.....I recently purchased a D610 and unfortunately, I did not know it had a power-on password.....the seller is now out of the country and unreachable. Service Tag 9NS4V71 (express service code 21029019373). Any help / guidance is much appreciated !!!

Lost Password

hello all,i am the proud owner of a Dell Latitude D610 that boots to a gray screen telling me that this laptop is locked blah,blah,blah.Can anyone help me?Please

#6F26T61-595B
usually I can hack through this type of thing easily but Dell has put a knot in my knickers
service Tag 6F26T61
EXPRESS SERVICE CODE 13971363625
CN-0D4571-48643-51M-3891
THANK IN ADVANCE

Hallo rustam_ i have a problem with my Dell LATITUDE D610 laptop. I search all the time in the web but u are the only one who ( I hope ) can help me.

I must clear the master password of my notebook.

SERVICE TAG is 6Q37N81

EXPRESS SERVICE CODE is 14638210129

C/N is OU8082-48643-59Q-1644

my e-mail is email removed

Thanks a lot

Hello I am in need of BIOS PW, please help me if you can.
It is for a D600.........service tag 6KLGQ41 express tag 14306069809...my email is email removed Any help is apreciated.

Hello i need system password for my cumputer. its a dell latitude cs "LAPTOP". what can i do?? HEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!

IF U CAN HELP ME SO CANTACT MY BY EMAIL PLZ.... email removed

hi, i don not speak english so much
my problem is by a Dell inspiron 6400, when started , this message show me:

this computer system #38HZ91-595B, IS PROTECTED BY A PASSWORD AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM , YOU CAN NOT ACCES THE DATA ON THIS COMPUTER WITHOUT THE CORRECT PASSWORD.

what happened? please help me?

i need really help!

hi, i have a Dell Inspiron 1150! and i cant enter to windows my notebooks is blocked!

model: Inspiron 1150
service tag: 45CCS61
express service code: 9030211993
CN-0F3553-12961-51N- 2607
please help me!
my e-mail is: email removed

thanks!

dell Inspiron 8100 HDD + Config Pwd needed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, Rustam,Paragon and all other Xperts

I've got a dell inspiron 8100 and i own it and have foned dell and spoke with their support staff who sounded helpful enough, the only thing that bugged me was that the support personnel was trying to deal with two queries from the public at the same time ;(

Its possible that because of this whatever results i was given did not work.

The laptop has a BIOS ADMIN pwd set for changes in setup and also a CONFIG pwd too.

Tried the bootable floppy, and it geves me various codes according to wether i USE the HDD number or the TAG and varies more when lower case as opposed to upper case ;(

any help what so ever is appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Service tag: HYD7B0J
System tag: HYD7B0J-595B

The (master?) password from dell was - ylu0kpzs
Passwords generated by Latitiude_MasterPW.exe were:
vpd7apuz
867a9qkc
ac7mxj23
68auq8a
19muitsy
68a99086
j2x0htrd

Thanks Again.

DocZaf
{;->

email removed

DocZaf

Go to this website and download either the DST Floppy or the DST-CDR-ISO., make the dsisk and run it in DOS to Delete/Change your Service Tag and then reset the same one. That will erase your EEProm chip and eliminate the PWs; resetting the same Service Tag after will restore normal operation
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/judslat/paragon/

Hello paragon33
this is my first post. please help me if you can with Bios Pw or what makes a laptop i recently got from a foreign student blocked at the setup.
computer system #795832J-595B
CN is OU8082-48643-615-2334
email removed
thanks in advance

Help me please DELL latitude d400

Hi all...
I need Passwoard Bios For Dell D400.
I thank immense your aid please help me, without this nao I obtain to bind my portatil.
Compliments

Sandro Guerra

Service tag BVJ7L1J-595b

email removed

Help Needed here too

New here and i have a Lat D600 that is also bios password protected.

The EEprom is 24C256N chip.

Tag# 6D2NP41

How do you reset the bios. I have read the different threads and tried shorting out the legs on the chip but it did not work is there a different way to reset the password and or a sure way to short circut the proper legs on the chip???

Thanks

Paragon33,

Thanks for the Info, it took a couple of tries, but it worked.

Replaced HD with a larger one so I didn't have to worry about unlocking it.

Works great ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back