TechSpot

Dell CP Bios Password.

By aspirulito
Oct 27, 2007
  1. I got a del CP laptop that has power on bios password. It was bought at a local auction of the city used equipment. It shows CRGXP**-595B as the tag number. I read a previos thread where a member named RUSTAM could generate master passwords for tags ending on 595B. I would like if possible avoid having to short the chip. Can you guys help me?

Thank you in advance.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Go to Dell support and look for the answer on their forums

3. aspirulito

aspirulito TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

thank you for your reply but if you have ever been there, you would know your recomendation does not help. Thank you anyway. I thought this forum was to get help not to be told to go somewhere else... and here I am helping as much as I can.....

4. Tmagic650

Why do you people need passwords? Do you buy laptops off E-Bay as is or something? Dell has told us there are 3 methods of obtaining passwords for their systems. Haven't you heard of these? Do you have a telephone? Call Dell

5. aspirulito

aspirulito TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

well the post was asking for help.. like my father said.. if you can not say anything good then just don't say anything at all... as to where I got the computer is on the first post, if you had only bother to read you would know....

6. Tmagic650

You must contact Dell support and tell them your circumstances. If you can't prove legal ownership, you are out of luck

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.