TechSpot

Dell D600 Service Tag

By ramisho
Jul 7, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was reading a previous forum post from Nal who had issues with a laptop bought from ebay. I too have bought a D600 from ebay with a very dodgy service tag. I know that Dell wouldn't send out a laptop with such a word as a service tag, I have phoned them to see if they would help however they wouldn't and gave me a similar response as they did to Nal.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks
    Ramisho
  2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

Hi

Dodgy service tag........ a service tag is a set of numbers and letters, its only use is to tell Dell what model it is and when it came off the production line.

Ahh right i just reread your post, and as i cant find Nal's post i assume your service tag is a word rather than numbers and letters, this is easy to fix assuming you have the service tag on the laptop somewhere (usually on the bottom on a sticker) go to my site and download the DST software and use that to set the tag to the correct format, if however you dont have a sticker with it on then your stuffed, only thing you can do is a buy a scrapper of ebay and use the tag of that one.

My site address is http://www.download.centre4service.com/
    Regards
  3. ramisho

ramisho TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks so much for the reply. The service tag was still on the bottom of the laptop. The website is a great help.:D
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.