TechSpot

Dell D600 Service Tag

By ramisho
Jul 7, 2008
  1. I was reading a previous forum post from Nal who had issues with a laptop bought from ebay. I too have bought a D600 from ebay with a very dodgy service tag. I know that Dell wouldn't send out a laptop with such a word as a service tag, I have phoned them to see if they would help however they wouldn't and gave me a similar response as they did to Nal.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks
    Ramisho

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

Hi

Dodgy service tag........ a service tag is a set of numbers and letters, its only use is to tell Dell what model it is and when it came off the production line.

Ahh right i just reread your post, and as i cant find Nal's post i assume your service tag is a word rather than numbers and letters, this is easy to fix assuming you have the service tag on the laptop somewhere (usually on the bottom on a sticker) go to my site and download the DST software and use that to set the tag to the correct format, if however you dont have a sticker with it on then your stuffed, only thing you can do is a buy a scrapper of ebay and use the tag of that one.

My site address is http://www.download.centre4service.com/
    Regards

3. ramisho

ramisho TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks so much for the reply. The service tag was still on the bottom of the laptop. The website is a great help.:D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.