TechSpot

dell deminsion 8100 bios/setup prob.

By dell8100
Mar 7, 2006
  1. ok guys wel i have a dell deminsion 8100 desktop with windows 2000 OS and i went to start up one day and it would freeze at the bott up... long story short i reformated the whole system to factory settings....now it boots up and loads...but then it comes to the set screen ... to creat a ADMIN password and pu tin youre name product code etc... and after i do that it gives me a fatal error message and says cannot install product catalogs and they should be longer... problems registering the OLE control DLL and the file thats apparently messed up is C:\WINNT\System32\initpki.dll with an error message 800b0001 and i believ my BIOS is outdated/corrupted so i need to know how to restet the BIOS or get a new one.....THANKS ALOT

2. dell8100

dell8100 TS Rookie Topic Starter

need to konw what i need to do ASAP

3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,980   +362

If you need to flash your Dell BIOS, you need to visit the Dell website to get it.

4. dell8100

i looked on there but couldnt find it.....anyone got a link??? it would be very helpful

5. dell8100

ok got the dos boot program on a floppy....now anyone know how i apply this to my BIOS so i can fix this thing?

6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,980   +362

Depending on which one you downloaded, either instructions came with it or you run the included program.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.