TechSpot

Dell Dimension 2400 problem???

By cary
Apr 4, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,
    I hope someone can help me. I have a Dell Dimension 2400. It was working fine. It was shut down properly. The next day when I press the button to turn on, it did nothing at all. No green light on the outside of the component. I also notice that the button did not click.

I opened the unit and there is a green light on the mother board on. Does this indicate that the power supply is OK. How can I test the mother board to see if it is that or simply the click button on the component.
    I am not a PC whiz. I really appreciate any information from anyone.
    Thanks
    Cary
  2. sparkysting

sparkysting TS Rookie

The light means that the MotherBoard is getting power. Make sure the power button is securely attached to mother board. Look for any unplugged cables and/or wires
  3. cary

cary TS Rookie Topic Starter

dell dimension2400 wont start

Hi
    Thanks, I'll check the unit out carefully. Its kind of hard to follow the connection from the click button to the board. I'll let you know this afternoon. Any other suggestion?
    Thanks
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.