Dell Dimension 8100 will not boot "Memory failed to be sized or enabled." PLZ HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have read everything, I have tried I think everything. Well I was cleaning my PC and I disconected everything, when I conected everything I powered up the PC and nothing came on, I hear the fan funning the CD wanting to bood the hard drive boot but then it stops. I checked the Diagnostic Codes and the A-B stay yellow and C-D stay green, it says is a Memory failed to be sized or enabled, now i added 4 RAMs cause I thought it would be the module, but still I get the same error, when I took the RAM out and I heard peeps, it was the following: 5-2-2-1 Unsupported RIMM device count/technology, I am not sure what is going on, the monitor stays black and with a yellow light and I get nothing. I NEED SOME ASSITENCE Please HELP someone....

I hope this isnt the dreaded ESD (electro-static discharge).
Are you sure that your RAM is paired according to type? try just putting one stick in, and see what happens

No Luck - Still not working Dimension 8100

NO luck i have tried everything. :mad: can someone assist me need some kind of help :monkey:

Are you using RDRAM? I think 8100s do. IF so, make sure you have an accectalbe config of banks. RDRam can be picky.

RDRAM needs to be installed in PAIRS of identical type, e.g. 2x64MB, 2x128MB etc.. Each pair must also be either ECC or non-ECC.
You can have an ECC pair and a non-ECC pair, together they will work as non-ECC.
Dell Dimension 8100 take RDRAM 800. Under ME max 512MB memory, under W2K and XP up to 2GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back