Dell Dimension LCD monitor failing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dell Dimension 4600 with a 17 in E173FP Flat Panel Display. The system uses a Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 Video Card.

Recently, the monitor began having problems. When the computer is booted up, the monitor flashes on, then the screen is blank. If you turn the monitor on and off, the screen flashes (Windows XP), but becomes blank again.

Is this a problem with the actual LCD monitor or with the video card? All the connections and cords are properly connected, as far as I can tell.

Thanks for any assistance here. I did speak to Dell, but since the system is no longer on warranty, I wanted to try this forum before paying them for their service. They think it is the video card.

Thanks.

Joe

When does this problem start? Does it go blank immediately when you turn on the computer, or does it start as soon as it starts loading windows?

The screen comes on and you can see the screen where you need to select a user - the XP interface - then it goes blank. If you turn the monitor off/on, you see the same screen again, then it goes blank. Thanks.

Joe

Make sure the LCD monitor is connected firmly to your computer. Try the monitor on another system

I've connected the monitor to my laptop and am having the same problem. I assume the problem is either with the connecting cable or the actual monitor. Any other suggestions before I take this to a computer repair shop?
Thank you.

The connecting cable is called the signal cable. The flat panel might be able to be repaired, but you might have to replace it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back