Dell Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone urgently help i am failing to get dell optiplex 760 SFF drivers for windows Server 2003. i have gone to dell site but i still fail to download the drivers

Thanx Tmagic l was failing to download using my free download manager and ended up downloading it straight to my pc without the download manager.. the site only offers xp, vista and win 7 drivers. tried using the xp drivers but they are incompatible with win server 2003where can l possibly get them

Wow lots of things :rolleyes:
Did you try Dell Support first
BTW usually the XP drivers work, but you say you have tried that already

Hmm, there seems to be a few different hardware configurations
ie Your Video can be nVidia, or Intel
You can run automatic scans HERE for that, but you need your network driver first :(
Actually I'm pretty sure that its 2003 compatible: http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/NIC_DRVR_WIN_R234068.EXE
Please try it

l have sent an email to dell hopefully they will respond as soon as possible. tried those drivers earlier on but still they are not compatible with the OS.

Dell once gave me the help I needed for the Optiplex 760 with Server 2003 by going to Chat, and it was a breeze... I just needed my Service Tag and had to register the computer in my name.
First, you might want to inspect your system at Dell using your service tag. Look for purchase details, and whom you find listed as owner. If not you, you need to register the computer as for You then wait as much as two weeks to assure the ownership change is in their system.
But I found their Chat support very helpful. Many of the XP drivers were the same. Start with the Chipset.
I will post the links as soon as I have my minimum of 5 posts.

It is based on Windows XP Pro. And on a lot of early installs, it actually shows up as Windows XP Professional 2003. But the installs I have seen have all been Service Pack 1. It works a lot like Windows XP Professional for most uses. Still some drivers are slightly different, as they relate to networking.

Hey finally thanx anasazi, started with the chipset, ugraded the bios and other drivers installed well. had a hell of a tym tho thru the whole process.

Thanks for the update. Can we assume everything is working ok now, or that you are closer to a good solution?

a little bit closer, after installing the ISA software and giving it a static IP adress , l cant remote connect to another server. removed it from the domain put it to a workgroup gave it a dynamic Ip, when trying to join the domain it gave an error that remote procedure call failed and did not execute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back