TechSpot

Dell Drivers

By Eddieh3
Feb 25, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi
    I've reinstalled windows for a friend, but he has lost the disc with the necessary drivers for his ethernet controller.
    He has a Dell Optiplex GX270. I can find the drivers on the dell website, but I was just wondering how to take them to him.
    Would I be best to burn an image of the downloads to a disc and take that round? If so, which program should I use to burn the disc image. Would you use another method to get the drivers onto his pc?
    Thanks
    Ed

Sorted Now. Used Image Burn.
  2. poohbie

poohbie TS Rookie

You could always use a usb flash drive 1gb to 4gb are not very expensive and are reuseable think portable hard drive wich is basically what these are
  3. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 802   +8

@ Lukasaltar

please do not post your question in another person's thread. If what you have to say is completely unrelated, post in your own thread.

@ Eddieh3

go with the suggestion by poohbie. Just download the files to a USB drive, or just write them to a disk normally. That's what I did when I had to fix one of my older Dell computers. On my main one, I just downloaded the drivers onto my usb stick and transferred them over to the other computer. When it comes to drivers, I don't see the need to "burn an image." Either put it on a USb or write it to a CD like any other data.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.