TechSpot

Dell E310 Graphics card Upgrade help???

By deano101
Nov 24, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, Im looking for a graphics card to put in my DELL E310 to play Americas Army. Im not sure what info all you techy people would need to help me find a good 256MB card, but anything you need to know Im sure I can find out for you, but warning in advance you might need to tell me how to find out :). Im aware it will need to be a PCI express but as far as if I need a x1 x8 x16 x32 or on what size power supply and so many other things, i am lost on. Like i said, anything at all you need to know to help me find a good graphics card, im more than willing to find out for you.

TYSM, in advance.

-deano
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

It depends on where you are in the world and what your budget is.
  3. deano101

deano101 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok well I am in The United States and I can comfortably spend up to $300...id say no more than $400, im pretty big into AA, i played back in the day on 2.5 and my comp worked fine, but when I got version 2.8, not so good. Im wanting to give my fps a pretty nice increase.
  4. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

That info should have been in your first post and/or you should have your location showing in your profile. I am in the UK as my profile clearly states and am therefore not the best person to help you out here.
  5. deano101

deano101 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Aah ok, thanks then sorry, I just made this account...

Ok so I updated all my info, if anyone else out there can help me Id really appreciate it, this has been a frustration for quite a while, thans so much, looking forward to getting this taken care of, as well as learning a few things.

-deano
  6. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 718

Looked up your machine. It has potential. The 2.8 P-4 HT CPU is a good starting point. I suggest an EVGA 7650 GT GPU. It's 89 with a $15 rebate @ Tiger.(it's specs are) GDDR3-128 bit-560mhz core clock-1400 mhz memory-22.4 GB/sec.bandwidth-12 month warranty. You will need to upgrade your PSU: 450 watts with 24-28 amps (on 12v rail); You will need to upgrade your RAM to two gigs of a good brand like Corsair. With these upgrades your machine will be a good and solid performer in any arena. Luck!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.