Dell Inspiron 1000 won't boot, wants password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I was given a Dell Inspiron 1000 today and can't boot it as it wants a password. I don't know the previous owner so it's not like I can call them. I am waiting on a Transfer of Ownership to process with Dell to see if they will help me. But in the mean time, I wanted to see if anyone on here could possibly help me. As soon as I hit the power button, it turns on, and the screen goes black with a blue box that says "enter password". Is there a way to bypass this??? I've tried reinstalling windows, but the CD won't boot. I can hear it spin, but nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Service Tag is BGZX151
If you need more information, I may be able to provide it just let me know!

this model is different from usual dell laptops, so I don't know is it right code below or wrong,
BGZX151 pass: 7398052

StupidDell said:
Ok so I was given a Dell Inspiron 1000 today and can't boot it as it wants a password. I don't know the previous owner so it's not like I can call them. I am waiting on a Transfer of Ownership to process with Dell to see if they will help me. But in the mean time, I wanted to see if anyone on here could possibly help me. As soon as I hit the power button, it turns on, and the screen goes black with a blue box that says "enter password". Is there a way to bypass this??? I've tried reinstalling windows, but the CD won't boot. I can hear it spin, but nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Service Tag is BGZX151
If you need more information, I may be able to provide it just let me know!

Have the same issue d820 , i've tried latitude.exe no go password not accepted. Have tried the shorting method no go. Heres my ST#

SERVICE TAG
#CTS20C1-595B

Hopefullly someone can help thanks.

rustam_ said:
this model is different from usual dell laptops, so I don't know is it right code below or wrong,
BGZX151 pass: 7398052

Do I have to enter JUST those numbers? If so, that doesn't work..

Each Dell series has a separate code, according to Dell Technical Support.

The Service Tag you posted is that of a refurbished unit, specifically recoded by Dell to be difficult. Dell can fix it by shipping it to Round Rock, but perhaps Rustam has another way.

We are seeing a great number of Dell and Sony VAIO machines which have muysteriously appeared with passwords that cannot be broken. We had a Sony deprogrammed by an EEPROM programmer who found the password was machine language with some digits that were not entered from a keyboard.

If this is happening with Dell, as well, there is a larger problem brewing out there.

rustam_

I'm having the same problem w/ a Latitude D600. I removed the hard drive b/c of viruses etc. to mine the data and then reformat. Now it's asking me for the admin. password for the hard drive. If this will help:

Serv. Tag: JJ3Y261
Exp. Serv. Code: 42514349689

The boot screen has a Hard-disk #****-595B

If you can help, thank you so much in advance.

PcHouseDoc

hi rustam_ ive been reading all over the place and the only thing i have found is that your a god for these thingz...I wanted to bug you and hope that you could help me...
this is my service tag
FL02D91
express is 33921635221
if you could do this for me it would really my lil girl happy since this laptop will be for her thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back