Dell Inspiron 3521

Hello All, I hope I'm posting this in the correct area but if not I apologize. After Hours and Hours of researching my problem I have discovered this to be a problem posted all across the web for many years and there are many, many solutions that I have either tried to do and failed or not applicable to me for many different reasons, the number one reason seems to be the info is out-dated and only works on older systems. I have a Dell Inspiron 3521 that I purchased legally from the original owner who is a Military Officer (same as myself) that I was serving with overseas. Everything worked fine with the laptop until I restarted it and it now it is asking for a HDD Password. I am unable to get a hold of the original owner since we have both been transferred out of country to see if he had this info. I have contacted Dell and even provided Original owners name and info I had to them to do a transfer of ownership so I can get technical help. This was over 2 months ago, I have contacted Dell many, many time at an average of 3-4 times a week and they keep telling me I have provided all the correct info and it should be done but can never give me a real reason why this transfer hasn't been completed. I get the run around and transfer after transfer and it seems this company doesn't have a clue and has gone to crap. And they can't or wont give me this code or generated password I need or any other help or advice till this transfer is done and in their system which seems they can't even complete due to hell, I don't know why but I can guess of a few. Is there any program or crack or anything out their that I can use and will Work with this model/service code or anything else that I can due? I would appreciate any help or helpful suggestions that anyone has.

I apologize for the length and all non-technical info but during my research into this issue I have discovered this seems to be the main issue with laptops that are stolen and didn't want to be tossed into that category from assumption and not getting any help that at this point I desperately could use.
Thank you

HDD password...password which is required to access HDD. Do you have the manual and is there anything in it about 'resetting'?

If not, I would go to NIRsoft http://www.nirsoft.net/

Hopefully, you have key code to the version of Windows which you plan to use. NIRsoft might be able to help with that.

In the end, you may have to replace HDD

Back