Dell Inspiron 6000 Error: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL; stuck in blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP anyone..

I've been reading and reading every post I could find...and none say what to do when you can't get out of the error blue screen.

Here is my problem, I cannot get out of the blue screen (error screen) no matter what. I've tried F2,F8,F12 and everything. I can't even get it to start up in any of the safe modes?

Here is Error code:

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Tech:info;
***stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000,0x00000002,0x000000001,0xF8202A23)
** Ntfs.sys -adress F8202a23 base at f81f2000, dateStamp 45cc56a7

Like I said I can't get into the Laptop even in safe mode to try to disable anything at all and try to trouble shoot it.

Hope someone can help..
thanks
TONE

Sounds as if the video graphics have failed, or you have a hard drive failure which will often give that same error report. Try booting to the recovery disc after replacing the hard drive with a new or known good drive. The 6000 series hard drives start failing at a pretty rapid clip by year three.

Let's say I grab another hard drive and it corrects the problem. Is there anyway to recover anything on the old hard drive? I've see some recovery programs for HDD recovery or can I link another PC/laptop to try to recover anything on the one that is having trouble. I would really like somehow retrieve some files on there.

Thanks
TONE

Sure, if the drive will spin at all, you can put it into a USB 2.0 external case as a slave... or much better for recovery though more difficult, buy a laptop drive adapte from www.geeks.com or www.cyberguys.com. The adapter runs about $4.00 to $8.00, and allows you to put the old drive into a desktop machine as a slave. From there you can use file recovery programs, or you can drag and drop from the 2.5" drive to the desktop drive... if you know where the files are. Then burn them to a CD from the desktop drive. We do it almost daily in our shops.
This adapter gadget provides a better power source, and it has the connectors to the laptop drive from which you can treat the laptop drive just like the desktop drive.
However, start with a plan. Do not half-heartedly try to recover the files with other methods... as the life of the drive is limited... You should plan to stay with it for as long as it takes... and I have seen it take as little as a half hour and as long as 11 hours. You do not want to shut down the defective laptop drive until you are done, under the risk that it may never start up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back