Dell Inspiron 8000 Connection Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I have a dell inspiron 8000. I have installed windows xp pro sp1 on it, but i can't find in Device Manager-Network device the 3com 10/100 card. For this reason, i can't use my lan connection. Can someone help me?

Thanks in advantage for any help.

Hey Nelly,

i'm on my way out for today, but i can tell you this, check out for the inspiron 8000 specifications maybe on the manual if you have it or else, in the internet. I guess 8000s use 3com network cards(not completely sure), so what you need for get that card running is the driver software. If it is a common 3com you can find it here http://www.network-drivers.com/companies/294.htm or else, if it is not a 3com card check out the list at www.network-drivers.com for the right card brand you have.

thanks youngtechnician, but my problem isn't a driver one. My problem is that windows doesn't list any ethernet card in network device. It's like my notebook not having phisically the ethernet card. But it isn't true, the dell have it, i can see the ethernet docking hole. Maybe it is disabled in the bios, but i can't do anything, because i don't have the admin password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back