Dell intros the multitouch-capable Studio 17 Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Dell quietly rolled out the Studio 17 Touch today, making it the company's first multitouch laptop. The system kicks off at $800 and sports a 17.3" (1600x900) LED display, a 2.1GHz Intel Pentium Dual Core T4300, 4GB of DDR3 1066MHz RAM, an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, a 320GB 7200RPM HDD, a dual-layer DVD burner, 802.11g connectivity, a six-cell battery, and Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

If desired, the Studio 17 Touch can also be configured with a full 1080p display, an Intel Core i7 720QM or 820QM CPU, 8GB of DDR3 1333MHz RAM, a 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, dual 500GB HDDs, a Blu-ray burner, 802.11n, a Soundblaster X-Fi audio card, a nine-cell battery, and Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Naturally, those additions come at a premium, and maxing out the specifications brings the price up to about $2,900.

Systems come with a minimum one-year warranty, and orders placed now will ship in early December -- just in time for the holidays.

Permalink to story.

Low the low end price seems very good for the specs, yet the high end one seems overpriced IMO. Looks great though!

i truly love dell but right now am upset with this company. they have been plaqued all year with supplier chain problems and now vostro system are taking literally weeks to get shipped. very upsetting. they need to get a new supplier chain if they cant keep up to order being generated.

I have to say I would like to see a Dual multitouch screen notebook, where the bottom touch screen could double as a keyboard. It could even appeal to our asthetic senses by giving haptic feedback when hitting a key so that we dont have to worry about whether or not we actually pressed a button.

Their doesnt seem to be an option to upgrade to blue ray on any of the models. For they high end spec you would need to have a Blue ray player at least for that sort of money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back