TechSpot

Dell intros the multitouch-capable Studio 17 Touch

By Matthew
Nov 19, 2009
  1. Dell quietly rolled out the Studio 17 Touch today, making it the company's first multitouch laptop. The system kicks off at $800 and sports a 17.3" (1600x900) LED display, a 2.1GHz Intel Pentium Dual Core T4300, 4GB of DDR3 1066MHz RAM, an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, a 320GB 7200RPM HDD, a dual-layer DVD burner, 802.11g connectivity, a six-cell battery, and Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

Read the whole story

2. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 880   +130

Low the low end price seems very good for the specs, yet the high end one seems overpriced IMO. Looks great though!

3. LionelatDell

LionelatDell TS Rookie

4. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 TS Rookie Posts: 524

I like that touch screens are following suite faster than ever. They make tasks so simple.

5. gghartman

gghartman TS Rookie

i truly love dell but right now am upset with this company. they have been plaqued all year with supplier chain problems and now vostro system are taking literally weeks to get shipped. very upsetting. they need to get a new supplier chain if they cant keep up to order being generated.

6. I have to say I would like to see a Dual multitouch screen notebook, where the bottom touch screen could double as a keyboard. It could even appeal to our asthetic senses by giving haptic feedback when hitting a key so that we dont have to worry about whether or not we actually pressed a button.

7. Their doesnt seem to be an option to upgrade to blue ray on any of the models. For they high end spec you would need to have a Blue ray player at least for that sort of money

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.