Dell Laptop Blue Screen w/Minidump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I am brand new here. I have found this delightful forum to be the only one that is intelligently able to assess one's minidump files. Here are mine. This is from a laptop running winxp pro. i have performed all the procedures outlined in the "before you post minidumps" notice, and I still have nothing. Please let me know if I posted my minidumps incorrectly. Thanks to anyone who can help. The laptop blue-screens after a few minutes of being fully logged in and running. The blue screens states: Page fault in non-paged area at which point a minidump file is created and the machine reboots. Thanks for any help!

what kind of dell is it inspiron or lat system??? have you tried running the 32bit dell diagnostics from the boot menu??? to access just post the system and at the dell logo screen hit the F12 key then chose the option that says boot to utility partition and run the express test then the extended test if nothing shows up. also remember that if you don't have a cdrom such as a windows disk in the drive then you will get an error for the cdrom when it tests it so just continue on past that and do the rest of the test.. do that then work on the minidumps...so you can get possible hardware out of the wat first.then you can be pretty sure it is software realted such as driver or new software install done recently

thanks a bunch! i don't currently have the laptop with me until monday. but apparently, dell spent 3 hours with the owner performing the diagnostics that you mentioned. they couldn't resolve the issue. it's a dell inspiron 600 series? i am going from memory here. he started having problems immediately after attempting to install activesync. the install did not complete, and the machine has been exhibiting above symptoms ever since (the 13th). if you would still like me to perform the diagnostic per your above directions, i galdly will on monday and get back to the forum. thanks again!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

1 minidump crashes at ati2dvag.dll. Video card drivers. It has a bugcheck of EA.

0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

1 minidump crashes at TmPreFlt.sys. Trend micro antivirus. It has a bug check of 7E.

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

3 minidumps crash at ntoskrnl.exe. This is a Windows nt kernel file. They have a bugcheck of 50.

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
(Click to consult the online Win XP Resource Kit article, or see Windows 2000 Professional Resource Kit, p. 1548.)
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanks so much howard. we will definitely use this info to find our culprit. thanks again. i am amazed at the efficiency of this forum. consider me a believer! thanks also toOpTiMuSpRiMe for your assistance as well. if you two represent the forum, then i have a lot of friends to make here :wave:

regards
mr bean

howard,

I have one more for you if you have the time. I found your last assessment of my minidumps were extremely helpful...here are 5 minidump files.

Mr Bean said:
where did the attachments feature go?

The Techspot website was having major problems yesterday, but it`s ok now.

If you would like to try and attach your minidumps now, it should be ok.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back