Dell laptop issues - scrolling cursor and alarm sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I have a dell refurbished laptop and for the most part it has been saweeeeet. But, lately there has crept upon my lovely machine two problems. The first is the scrolling cursor. First, its at the bottom and then it might scroll sideways and sometimes it will just shoot to the top corner with amazing speed. I have tried installing a regular mouse but it wouldn't work. I have shut it down several times and rebooted, but I don't want to keep doing that. No matter how patient I try to be that cursor will not stay in a sit position so I can actually click on something.
The second and newest problem (began yesterday) begins when I attempt to turn the computer on. After it does it little almost sign in before it gets to the sign in, it blanks to a dark screen and screams this little alarm sounding something like the stock market closing for the day. It doesn't quit until I do the hard shut down. The first time it did it, it just did it for a few seconds and then quit. Today, a total of 5 times.
I am lost with all of the lingo here, so please if you would like to reply, talk to me like I am 2 because with the computer knowledge I have I would have to agree that I am really 2 years old.
Thank you and have a groovy day!

Mouse cursor - reboot and go into the BIOS (F2) and disable the touchpad which may have failed. If you have any warranty on the machine, I would take it back to the retailer/outlet.
Screeching - this could be an overheat or fan failure warning. Can you check if the fan is running (you may not hear it over the din but can you feel air movement?).
You may be able to check the fan status in the BIOS

Hi Everyone,
Can anyone here help with a inpiron 700m master password,some children have been playing around with this laptop and they have put a bios password on it and locked me out, my service tag number is 985FM71 and service code 20083897117
much appreciated Thanks Jamdown

please read the FAQs in the this forum. Do not piggyback on other people's threads unless you have a solution or comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back