Dell Latitude c600 TV Out Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ididmyc600

Hi all

I cant get my TV out to work to the point where I can see an image on the TV screen when Playing a movie in Media player, I can see the desktop, media player and all, but the movie just wont show.

Heres what I have done
Last week I played around with various settings, but couldnt get it to work, so I did a reinstall, now I cant get the TV to work in anything but NTSC mode, after much perusing in google I found something called ATI Omega drivers which allowed me to set the TV to PAL mode.

But I still cant get an image to show on the TV

I have tried various resolutions, and size of screen, with no joy, the Omega driver panel has a trillion settings and most of them are dutch to me,

The laptop is connected via a S-video cable using the socket on the side.

Any ideas ??

As suggested about three dozen times on TS forums and millions of times on the internet, turn off video overlays in your media player.

In the case of WMP, go to Tools->Options->Performance->Advanced and untick "Use overlays".

Nodsu said:
As suggested about three dozen times on TS forums and millions of times on the internet, turn off video overlays in your media player.

In the case of WMP, go to Tools->Options->Performance->Advanced and untick "Use overlays".

For F**ks sake that's gonna teach me to a lesson,

Mind you I did go through the dell forum all night looking for that, give us a hint where in Techspot this is mentioned, as for Google, like I said I did try that , but I guess if I googled "Video Overlay" instead of phrases like "WMP wont play video " etc I might have found it.

Cheers for the answer Nodsu I guess that's why you hold the title you hold.

Sorry to bump, but as a new C600 user with intent to use Windows ME, what drivers or software mods do I need to use the video out? I have no Dell software for either of my Dells's but my Win ME restore disk transferred right to the L400 I have and it works fine.

BILL_S said:
Sorry to bump, but as a new C600 user with intent to use Windows ME, what drivers or software mods do I need to use the video out? I have no Dell software for either of my Dells's but my Win ME restore disk transferred right to the L400 I have and it works fine.

Hi Bill, good thing I am still subscribed to this thread, ( I really must tidy up my affairs).

SO you now own a nice C600 (same as me) and you want to enable the TV out on it, but your running ME, you can get the drivers from Dell for the video output from here, just enter the service tag in the box and hit go, then choose WinME as your OS, download the drivers and install them, I think that was all I did, but its been a year since I got mine and I can't actually remember how I got the TV out to work, I do remember it being a bit of a nightmare though.

Let me know by PM if you need any more help and i'll try my best to help.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back