Dell latitude c640 won't turn on

I recently bought a used dell c640. It worked fine but there was no charger with it so of course it sat dead for days. Until I bought a brand new adapter/charger. I've had it plugged in for about an hour. The battery light is on but sometime it will go off. If I push the battery in a lil it turns back on. I tried turning power on without battery installed and the on light and little lights by the power button come on for a few seconds then go off. Any idea what's wrong? I don't think it's the cord like I said new and the lights wouldn't come on until I plugged it in. Please HELP!

This has worked for me. Remove the battery and power cord then hold down the power button for about 20 secs. Replace the battery, plug in the power brick and see if the laptop will boot up.

I recently bought a used dell c640. It worked fine but there was no charger with it so of course it sat dead for days. Until I bought a brand new adapter/charger. I've had it plugged in for about an hour. The battery light is on but sometime it will go off. If I push the battery in a lil it turns back on. I tried turning power on without battery installed and the on light and little lights by the power button come on for a few seconds then go off. Any idea what's wrong? I don't think it's the cord like I said new and the lights wouldn't come on until I plugged it in. Please HELP!
Hello, I too have the same issue. I was able to get the system to boot by attaching an external monitor to the VGA port in the back. It will not boot otherwise. Also, the laptop monitor only works with a Linux distro. It never works with any windows install.

Back