Dell Latitude D620 Bios Password Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone could help (Rustam I have heard mentioned) I would be most greatful. I got the above mentioned laptop off ebay for an ill family member whom cant get around too well and needs a good laptop for computing.

Its service tag is f86mgc1-595b

I was able to remove one password with removing the cmos battery, but it still has the main passwords in the bios locked. The unlock -setup- password, admin password are locked. I reset the system password by removing the cmos battery.

We'd be most greatful.

See the thread on this forum related to this issue. It will take a long time to read through it, and there is even a disc available that if often helpful... some models cannot be saved, while most others can be rescued.

Dell D620 Password

Seems I am having the same problem as everyone else. I purchased 2 dell D620 laptops but I am getting the grey screen on one of them saying it is locked and the other is fine. However when I swithch the hard drive from the working one to the other the laptop comes on. It seems the problem follows the hard drive anyway the service tag on the non working model is

#CV5JX91-595b
280051678125 is the express service code.

Any help is appreciated

I recently purchased a DELL D620 laptop off EBay. I have had this laptop for over 4 weeks and have had no sucess in retreiving the password from the seller. Can anyone please help me unlock this device??? #6FF01D1-595B

Happy Holidays

you use a 286 said:
instal linux, it will reset everything and and in my oppinion it is better than windows. best of all, its free

I don't know where you crawled in from, but your advice is about as useful as a wet kipper in a ***** house.
What a ****!

Mave

Dell gave me a password bios reset for the D620

The password reset for the bios on a Dell Lattitude D620 is...
zzto5erz alt enter
To get there upon boot up hit F2 scroll down to security and go from there. Be sure to type case sensitive and follow with "alt" then "enter" in the password field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back