Dell Latitude E6440 not turning on

Good day fellow humans, my laptop is going through some issues. I was using the laptop last night while it was charging and I fell asleep. I woke up today morning to discover my laptop had turned off by itself. Now, when I press the power button to turn it on, the screen does not light up, I can't hear the hard disc or the fan running, and the light on the power button just flickers on for a second then there is no light. 5 seconds later, it flickers again.

I have tried removing the battery, holding down the power button to disperse any voltage, and tried turning it on again, but still no luck.

If it is over a year old, it may have overheated because of dried out thermal compound. The motherboard may be permanently damaged

If it is over a year old, it may have overheated because of dried out thermal compound. The motherboard may be permanently damaged
Thanks for the reply bro. It definitely was, the damn thing is 3 years old. Brought it to a IT guru friend who confirmed it.

I have another problem now. My sis got a new laptop and her old one is just lying here. I switched the hard disc from my overheated laptop to my sisters laptop cause mine's SSD. Manually installed all the drivers and everything works. Except, the intel HD graphics.
There is no dedicated graphics card but even before this when using the HDD drive, the resolution was higher. Now it detects the Intel HD Graphics in the device manager, but I cant increase the resolution.
I tried downloading Intel's Control Center to try change the resolution from there but the error comes out unsupported device.
And there is a new dropdown in my Device Manager listing Other Devices, in it there is 2 Base System Devices with no drivers. I am not sure what they are and I am very sure that I got all the drivers installed from the HDD to the SDD.

Srry admins, I am new here so do I need to ask this in another thread?

Thanks for the reply bro. It definitely was, the damn thing is 3 years old. Brought it to a IT guru friend who confirmed it.

I have another problem now. My sis got a new laptop and her old one is just lying here. I switched the hard disc from my overheated laptop to my sisters laptop cause mine's SSD. Manually installed all the drivers and everything works. Except, the intel HD graphics.
There is no dedicated graphics card but even before this when using the HDD drive, the resolution was higher. Now it detects the Intel HD Graphics in the device manager, but I cant increase the resolution.
I tried downloading Intel's Control Center to try change the resolution from there but the error comes out unsupported device.
And there is a new dropdown in my Device Manager listing Other Devices, in it there is 2 Base System Devices with no drivers. I am not sure what they are and I am very sure that I got all the drivers installed from the HDD to the SDD.

Srry admins, I am new here so do I need to ask this in another thread?

Ok no worries on the base system devices just remembered I can search for them at the pcidatabase,

They were both card readers which was somehow left out.
Still no idea how to get my resolution higher again with the Intel Hd Graphics.

Back