Dell, Lenovo or Asus?

jaydeee

Laptop computer brand, what is better.
Dell, Lenovo, or Asus?

lets look at it in general.
thanks a lot.

I prefer Dell.

Its a really subjective question, so it's unlikely its going to be of any use to you.

Are you in the market for a new laptop?

I like Lenovo but only in the high end offerings. But jobeard and Leeky know a boat load more about this subject than I do. :D

I've used Dell, Sony, Toshiba, HP, Compaq, and Asus ............. right now I have an HP Pavilion DV5 (and I don't like it !) ..... anyway, from my experience I think you may consider Dell, Asus, or Toshiba (in this order) depending upon your budget.

But as others have rightly pointed out .....it is a very subjective issue, and I'll leave it at that :)

I've seen far too many hardware problems with Dell, mostly their laptops. Lenovo's a good brand, their new thinkpad is also quite nice. Asus computers are a special treat, if you're hardcore.

Just, at the risk of your own health, make Dell your last choice. Battery shrapnel isn't tasty, and motherboards shouldn't spontaneously combust.

thanks to your replies!
Yes, Im planning to get a laptop for general purpose.

we use dell in the office and I actually like it, but cannot ignore other brands.

this question being subjective then I rather go to the market and let my taste show me the right one for me :)

Dell. I've never seen a single problem with the hardware in their laptops.

Me neither. I've owned 10+ computers (3 Pcs and 7 laptops) from them and not one has ever had any hardware failure. 2 of the 3 Pcs are currently used, and both just outside of warranty. Admittidly they both need PSU's replacing, but they haven't failed, and could last a lot longer but I'm doing it as a precaution as they're somewhat underpowered. Every laptop I've had has been perfect as well.

We've also had HP's and Compaq's, which were appalling. I wouldn't recommend them to my grandmother never mind anyone else! We currently use a HP 6735S and a Compaq 6722 and they're both horrendous; The HP has now been back 5 times inside its 12 month warranty. It's disgusting for a £600 laptop!!

The Sony Viao was fine during our ownership, though we sold it 6 months into owning it and purchased an iMac to replace it.

Dell only for me I'm afraid, although I'm looking forward to giving my new MSi a run for its money too. :)

All the same really.
I'd choose Asus because they make good motherboards too, and because I don't like dell/hp/emachine/sony/ibm/lenovo.

I still reckon the best notebook I've own was a Dell D600 even in fourth year of its use, it was giving me well over 2 hours of battery time ........ in my earlier post I forgot to mention that I've only once purchased an IBM notebook (later this same div. became what is now Lenovo) ...... and it was bulky, it got really hot, hence it ended up getting fried at least twice during its warranty time (I think it was something G.... G51, but I don't exactly remember it).

@Leeky
Spot on mate ...... I'm seriously considering getting rid of my HP DV5, I've got couple of reasonable offers for it, and I am hoping one of them can materialize as it is about time I part company with this thing ;)

Back