Dell M1530 will not turn on

I have an XPS M1530. It was displaying the message about battery can continue to charge but is reaching the end of its usable life - for about a year. I never operate the laptop without the AC adapter. I went to turn it on and it turned on and then immediately shut off. Then the AC light turned off. Now if I unplug the AC adapter from the computer, unplug the AC adapter from the wall and plug it back in the light will come on. Then as soon as I plug the AC adapter into the laptop the light goes off. Laptop does nothing/completely dead. I have 2 Dell AC adapters and both behave the same. I have tried it with and without the battery and same issue. Do you think a new battery will fix it? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Could be issue with the motherboard. Did you check the pin where you connect the AC too on the laptop? Is it loose or wiggle. Or it could be the module on motherboard that goes on these models. If you get a multi-tester you can test the AC adapter and battery to make sure the current is flowing through them correctly. Can't second guess here. If those are working correctly you might have get the laptop serviced.

I own one of these laptops with an 8600M and a Core 2 Duo. The thing is, I have had numerous battery and Ac adapter issues on it as well. All times however, it has been the adapters, you might wanna check to see if the AC Adaptors have bad cords on them because those Adapters break down over time real easily I noticed. Try and confirm the AC Adaptors work first then we can go from there.

GhostRyder Does yours work without the battery installed? I have used both AC adapters regularly - one left in the wall and one left in the backpack for coffee shops - never a hitch.

Yea, I have not used it in awhile (Its been sitting in a closet) but I just tried and it still started back up without a battery installed using just AC.

Back