Dell monitor U2713H error: settings can't be saved

By kristineh
Nov 21, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. We just bought a monitor U2713H direct from Dell.

When we click on Factory Reset, the monitor doesn’t go back to Factory default setting.

-In particular, Contrast/Brightness: 0.
    In terms of Color Setting, Input color Format: None.
    Preset Modes: Movie

-Then we click on Reset Color Settings, Input Color Format: RGB, Preset Modes: Standard.

-When click on Factory Reset again, Contrast/Brightness and Color Setting come back to the same condition as above (Contrast/Brightness are 0, Input color Format: None.
    Preset Modes: Movie).

-After we try to set up Contrast/Brightness to 50/50, we shut down desktop or turn off the power button on the monitor. Then we turn on computer or turn on power button on the monitor, Contrast/Brightness are 0, Input Color Format: None, Preset Modes: Movie.

-In summary, all menu settings can’t be saved by the monitor and Factory Reset doesn’t work.

Any idea would be highly appreciated. Thank you a lot in advance
  2. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

What I would suggest is ask Dell if they would warenty it new it should have one and Dell should honor it. I would say they will but I have not done business with them in years, although the monitor I am using right now is one of theirs and is many years old.