TechSpot

Dell now accepting pre-orders for Windows 8.1, Bay Trail-powered Venue 8 Pro tablet

By Shawn Knight
Oct 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Dell is joining the likes of Acer, Lenovo and Toshiba in introducing a Bay Trail-powered, Windows 8.1 small form factor tablet. The Dell Venue 8 Pro is now available for pre-order priced at $299 with an estimated ship date of...

Read more

2. IF this was android tablet then it would end more cheaper in price
    nice to see tablets price coming down even with full windows os

3. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 984   +31

I want such a tablet, and so far the Dell looks pretty good. I'm waiting for the keyboard to start selling and for reviews, as well as reviews of the competing tablets.

4. I don't get why MS keeps criying about lossing market share in the future because of the tablet and cellphone sector, how they expend fortunes buying companies related with that, and they are unable to release an aforable and with good specs windows 8 tablet....

5. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 984   +31

After reading about the stylus with its hover support, which I assume allows me to use it like a mouse (move the cursor without clicking), I'm pretty much set on buying the Dell. My plan is to play adventure games on my tablet, and this functionality would allow for pixel hunting which normal touch doesn't.

6. kenosando

kenosando TS Rookie

I was hoping this would come with a Z3770 in a separate configuration to support 4 GB RAM, but no such luck. They have "configurations" which are just accessories. Oh well, I will look elsewhere for a 4 GB RAM, Bay Trail tablet ....

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.