TechSpot

Dell offers to replace palm rest assembly on Latitude 6430u Ultrabooks that reek of cat urine

By Shawn Knight
Oct 31, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Dell Latitude 6430u Ultrabook owners have been causing a stink on message boards and support forums over the past several months due to an unusual smell emanating from the machine’s palm rest. Users claim it smells like cat urine with...

Read more

2. I laughed at the article when it first came up but that picture being added to the story listing on the front page really takes the cake.

3. Phillip Seni

Phillip Seni TS Rookie Posts: 26

so the manufacturing process includes michael saul dell's cat?:D

4. I always thought Dell were 'on the nose'.

Now we have proof.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

Do not be surprised. Urine is used as a hardening agent in the manufacturing of a lot of things. It's full of nitrogen.

6. RenGood08

RenGood08 TS Booster Posts: 185   +13

Wow....what an article...to Facebook this goes!

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Typical woman. If Facebook's number of users stats are to be believed then I think about 278 million people have beaten you to the punch by now and that's being conservative. :)

RenGood08 likes this.
  8. Taycat

Taycat TS Rookie Posts: 50

Typical man. Thinking that somebody posted something before somebody else means you shouldn't. Of course, there are around 5million people just like you and that's being conservative. :)

RenGood08 and Skidmarksdeluxe like this.
  9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,917   +684

Typical humans, Using Facebook and being male or female.

Taycat and RenGood08 like this.
  10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Lol.

11. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Evangelist Posts: 954   +273

So I'm not human since I don't use facebook?

12. @ Taycat : If it was the typical man, that number would be closer to 3 billion. :p

13. mctommy

mctommy TS Booster Posts: 190   +30

World population is above 7 billion, 26% of population is under 14... so that leaves you a little over 5 billion for males/females between 15 & 65 and over. You do the math (and that's being generous with the inclusion of 15-year-old as "man").

14. Railman

Railman TS Booster Posts: 708   +101

I have been using this Dell laptop since April and I noticed the smell. As the machine is used every day it is exposed to the air and as a result the smell is only slight now. It is a bit like paint after a while the smell goes.

15. RenGood08

RenGood08 TS Booster Posts: 185   +13

I am a typical woman...considering I AM a woman. haha